Friday, November 23, 2012

friday five: places to go

Playing off of number thirty-three in my last post: daydreams. Here are five places I would like to go:

  1. Back to Italy. Justin says that this is a trip to take with my parents so we can see together where my family lived when I was very little.
  2. Seattle. Partly because I read Where'd You Go, Bernadette, partly because I listen to a podcast from the city, partly because friends have gone and liked it, but mostly because I like gray days.
  3. Jordan, again. I really enjoyed our trip a couple years ago and would like to take the kids when they are older. We might even cross the border into Israel.
  4. Turkey. Such an old important country.
  5. Ireland, because some days in the desert I would simply like to drown in green.
I'd also like a writing holiday in Paris, a summer in Norway, a month on Lake Superior, a short winter visit home, and a place with a hammock in Colombia.

3 comments:

jsmarslender said...

First to comment is me : ) Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! Another week of dailies and it's been fun. Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

I think a summer villa in southern Italy would be amazing! Carovigno or San Sabina or Specchiola... weekly market for fresh veggies and pasta and days at the beach... a little sightseeing, a little cappucino, a lot of laughter...

Steve said...

You like gray days?? hmmm. One of those little things about you that slips out, and says just a little something about you. I like these little things. :)

Ummm, it seems you added more to the 5. I didn't count, but did that really equal another 33??? ;)