Saturday, November 10, 2012

breakfast! two recipes

Perhaps one of my favorite meals! The other two are lunch and dinner.

A couple of years ago, my dear friend Monica gave me her copy of The Pioneer Woman Cooks by Ree Drummond. I have a few favorite recipes from that book but added a new favorite the other week. French Breakfast Puffs. These are an easy treat that look and taste like you spent a lot of time in the kitchen. I used mini muffin tins and made a gazillion from one batch. They freeze well so if there are any leftover, keep them for a lazy morning next weekend.

Another PW recipe I like enough to make too often is her Cinnamon Baked French Toast. Seriously. I eat this hot at breakfast and cold at lunch. What is great about this recipe is you can modify it to fit the ingredients you have on hand - it's essentially a bread pudding. If you want to add another taste to the French toast, top with thinly sliced, peeled apples before adding the brown sugar crumble and baking.

So go make a nice Sunday morning breakfast today and sleep in tomorrow!

1 comment:

Steve said...

Uncanny. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are 3 of my favorite meals too. ;)