Saturday, September 15, 2012

current events

You know what I'm talking about.

And here is a Kuwait Times piece with responses to the protests. From the article:
... MP Aseel Al-Awadhi said that “overreaction is an indication of a serious lack of self confidence and weakening strength of religious commitment”, adding that “my faith isn’t affected by a cartoonist, writer or a director”. She also indicated that “the ideal way to defend the Prophet (PBUH) is by following his ethics, not through heated speech and certainly not through killing innocent people”.

2 comments:

Steve said...

It is so easy to get caught up in the speech and rhetoric of people. Kinda what I have been saying. Hate, and competition, and all these things make us feel strong, and better.

A look at ourselves keeps us meek, and maybe just a little better, and a little less hateful.

That is what I think anyway.

Those who push for peace, probably don't push for deaths.

Have a good one. :)

My best to you and your family. :)

Angela and David said...

I was wondering what you were experiencing in kuwait in the midst of all these protest. Glad you guys are safe and feel safe.