Sunday, November 6, 2011

rest

We have a week of rest. We aren't traveling. We are resting. Still up early, still to bed early, but resting the days. When you get a week the first couple of days, the week seems endless and full and great and we could do just anything with our time: paint another couple of walls, go to the aquarium, cook something other than pasta or curry!

This morning Claire and I walked along the Fahaheel seawall, shared that time with friends. She is getting to be such a big girl. Last year was tough, to add Grant to the family and be so busy with the newness of two little ones. This year, we're all sleeping at night and I am finding it such fun to have Claire and Grant around. I like the little games we play, the giggles, the singsong. Claire gets going on a song and just throws any lyric in so that Mary Lamb is Mary Lamb is Mary Lamb and I have to reminder her "Mary had a little lamb" to get her back on track.

I smile a lot these days.

No comments: