Friday, April 16, 2010

peeps!

A couple of weeks ago my parents sent us a box with my maternity clothes and some of Claire's bigger sizes, shoes, a few books and treats. After digging through the top layer, I forgot the box in the corner of my room (didn't need the maternity clothes quite yet). The other day I dug through again to sort what needed washing and ironing and found a box of Peeps tucked along the side. Peeps! Well, let's see what Claire makes of fluffy marshmallow dipped in yellow sugar...
Very suspicious. I expected to get a shot of Claire's puffed cheeks. Here's what happened:



We took a break, offered snack crackers, and tried again. I was starting to think that maybe getting a kid to eat Peeps doesn't warrant the same effort that should be extended to fruits and vegetables. I don't even like Peeps myself. I like watching them poof in a microwave, but we don't even have a microwave.
Looks like all the Peeps now belong to Justin.
Don't even try a third time. Leave me be!
Well, that's over. Yawn. Moving on...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't like peeps either.
i bet justin is glad to have
the box all to himself.
mg

Anonymous said...

too funny! grandma kate

Nate said...

I really like the preantepenultimate picture in which she is holding the peep like it's a leech or something.

Joanna Goodman said...

laughed all the way through! I agree with Nate, too :) Love the yawn at the end, as well :)

Angela and David Kidd said...

I don't like peeps either. I just don't get what people love about them.

At least she handed it back. Zach would have chucked it across the room. Unless I clearly tell him not, most everything that he doesn't eat gets thrown.

DC Running Mama said...

I freaking adore peeps. Did you know that they make chocolate covered peeps? I know, heaven, right?

Joie said...

We're looking at baby claire pictures again... At annie's request. She can always use more pictures of her cousin on this blog! We miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

Funny...we just tried to feed Mason peeps this week (also leftover from Easter). He didn't like them either. It is probably a very good thing.