Wednesday, December 16, 2009

tomorrow, tomorrow!

On our way to India tomorrow! In addition to what Nate and Joie have written about India in their blogs (and what immediately pops into my mind is that the monsoon is beautiful and way too many desserts taste of cumin), this is what I know: A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry, Holy Cow: An Indian Adventure by Sarah Macdonald, and Slumdog Millionaire. Justin and I started to work our way through a six part epic long PBS (or BBC?) documentary on India, hosted by Michael Wood and his casually worn blue scarf; I made it as far as the Silk Road. I'll probably finish the rest of the series in January. In the meantime, I'll be on the ground.

What I am most excited about is spending Christmas with family. Will, Annie and Claire will get a chance to meet and play together. Joie and I will cook and bake together. Nate and Justin will talk about manly things together. We'll all play games, take walks, drink chai, and enjoy a rest from school. After Christmas we'll meet up with Joie's sister and then all of us will travel to the Taj Mahal, which is on Justin's List of Things To See.

We are grateful. Christmas in India. Now I'm getting giddy!

1 comment:

jessica said...

Wow, sounds incredible. Have a GREAT time!