Friday, December 18, 2009

India at last!

This is the trip we've been waiting for and we are sooo happy to be at Redwood Cottage with the India Burchells! Our trip went well. Claire is quite the trooper and I can only hope she's so content when she's thirteen and we make her pack her own carry-on. My brother Nate met us at the Delhi airport and shuttled us to our hotel, took us out for buttered naan bread and paneer, led the way through the train station this morning, and did all the negotiating with our taxi driver up the mountain. We are ever grateful.

Will and Annie are adorable. Joie is a generous and thoughtful sister-in-law, making sure we're comfortable here. And we've all got awhile to enjoy each other's company. I'm looking forward to a few hikes, walking into town for dinner, baking Christmas cookies, playing with my niece and nephew - oh, just soaking this time up! Last night over dinner, I told Nate that it didn't seem that much time had passed since we last saw each other. That's a good feeling. We are happy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wish i was there. mom

Sergio en Colombia said...

have so much fun! remember the elephant...

Angela and David Kidd said...

It sounds fantastic. Enjoy the time. And I may have to go to India but sadly I don't think I'll be having the relaxing experience you are.