Friday, October 16, 2009

friday five: four are true

I love that game where you tell two truths and a lie about yourself and everyone has to guess which one isn't true. I'd always say I was fifth in the National Spelling Bee and people believed me. They didn't believe I was born in Italy. So here's my Friday Five edition. One of these things didn't happen this week.

1. The moms went for pedicures. Ahh.

2. Claire said her first word besides "Uh oh." She said "Bear." Sounded more like "Bea-ah."

3. Discovered new favorite Starbucks drink is an iced White Chocolate Mocha. Are you supposed to capitalize coffee drink names?

4. Cried when Jim & Pam (finally) got married. I know everyone else watched it a week or two ago.

5. Asked Justin if Claire really looks like a Claire. He said, "I am so glad we didn't have this conversation in the hospital." And, yes, we decided. She does look like a Claire.

Next week I'm going to hide the one real thing and make up four things because it took me a little too long to think of what happened this week. Plus, if I'm making a lot of stuff up, I can be a spy or learn a fourth foriegn language by listening to tapes while I sleep. Ha. A fourth foriegn language. I barely have a quarter of one foriegn language and even that is a generous guess. The spy bit, well maybe if I didn't giggle when I sneak up on Justin.

Happy weekend! I'll post the fiction in the comments.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think you did not cry when jim and pam got married. who are jim and pam? love, mom
p.s. i before e except after c or when sounded like a as in neighbor and weigh. or in foreign. you make me smile!

Kelly G. said...

You have starbucks there? That is my guess...

jsmarslender said...

See! I couldn't possibly place fifth in a National Spelling Bee!

I really did have Starbucks. They are EVERYWHERE here. That narrows your choices...

Joie said...

I don't think you really went for a pedicure with other moms... I think you're just dreaming that you got to do that. :) Hope you have a great weekend! We miss you.

jsmarslender said...

Claire isn't talking yet. I only wish she would say things like Bear and Milk and Mama. Even Mama is rare these days. Uh oh is still a constant. Good guesses though!

DC Running Mama said...

I was guessing the pedicures, but I am happy to know that I don't have the only child not speaking in full sentences by the time he is one (which is what I feel like several people have told me...or maybe that their kid had 5-40 words by their first birthday...I exagerate re: the full sentences).

jessica said...

Fun post (and I love that your mom doesn't know who Jim & Pam are -- so cute).

I've loved reading about your move, by the way. You posted awhile ago about the different lives people pick, and while I am 100% comfortable in the settled in a little house with a little yard box, you've got me thinking about that more. I'm crazy shy and way too comfortable retreating into my mom role, but I need to push those walls out a bit more. Maybe not to the Middle East, though ;)

Angela and David Kidd said...

I was going to guess pedicure as well. And we only have a very few words, none of them pronounced close to correctly (shoot the unbiased third party observer would probably tell us we don't even have the few words we think we have).

I cried with Pam and Jim as well.