Saturday, August 1, 2009

now we can say "tomorrow"

This morning Danny was crying. I thought he was crying because Justin told him not to hit David or poke David or something.

"No, I am crying because I miss Mom and Dad," he told me in a small voice.

"You know what, Danny? Tomorrow they will be home. Do you want a hug?" I said.

He shook his head no but brightened up.

"But you still need to apologize to David," I added.

"Okay."
* * *
We've been enjoying our time together. On Thursday we played Apples to Apples and teased each other about what our winning cards meant. According to the rounds we won:
Gracie is: slow, juicy, cute & large
Ruth is: cold & old
Ellie is: (besides being the winner of the game): light, yucky, sweet, sloppy, creepy ("Do I have to be?"), colorful, hairy & skinny
David is: mean, exciting, sharp (he really wanted that one!) & wonderful
Danny is: helpful
Rollene is: noisy, fast & boring
Justin is: Oh yeah, he was a party pooper and didn't play
And I am: dangerous, soft ("Claire thinks you're soft"), jolly & small
Yesterday I ran away to Madison to meet up with my friends Lisa and Karla for lunch. I managed a trip to Trader Joe's (chocolate covered macadamia nuts! dried white peaches!) and also impressed myself with my stick-to-the-list-edness at Penzeys Spices. When I returned, we ordered Chinese and McDonalds and sat around the dinner table talking. This morning we had Sugar Cereal Cartoon Morning, a rare treat for this Grape Nuts Cheerios Corn Flakes crew. My favorite quote is taken from the Milk or No Milk debate, the consensus being that if you poured milk on your Frosted Flakes, all you had at the end was sugar milk.
Yeah.

3 comments:

Angela and David Kidd said...

Sounds like you all are surviving and having a good time. And I'd never heard of Apples to Apples. I'll have to remember that.

Mmm. Chocolate covered macadamia nuts.

Natalie D said...

Haha that is funny about the sugar cereal. It does sound like a good time. Apples to apples is what I bring into my classes for the day before breaks (spring break/holiday break,etc). Great game and the kids love it! My word verification is HYPER.. haha

Natalie D said...

btw-how old is Claire -when does she turn 1? Will you post some pics!