Wednesday, May 27, 2009

weekend pictures: Kate & Rob's wedding

I didn't take too many pictures the day of the wedding because, well, I was busy enjoying the day and the people. I am hoping for a few of the photographer's candids and formal poses though. Good memories. Busy day but good. I'm learning how to be present and enjoy right where I am and that's what I did.
Whoo hoo updos! After visiting Kate's grandma in the morning, we went out for an early lunch and then on to the salon for beautiful wedding day hair!
Kate and her mom, Val, before the ceremony. Val's a great mom. I think she was looking forward to this day as much as Kate.
I'm not sure what you're supposed to do in those last few minutes. You've probably already said everything you want to say and if the church isn't on fire or the flowers aren't missing, then you just hang around waiting for the "I do"s. I kept trying to think of something - anything - profound to say and came up with nothing. Oh well. Kate knows I love her.
Here they are! Sweet newlyweds.
One of the ushers took this picture of me so that I could show Justin that I do clean up well from time to time. It was fun to dress up and wear heels (for one day, only one day).
Kate, her groom, and the groomsmen. Kate and Rob's friends were really wonderful. I didn't know what to expect since the rest of the wedding party and most of the Chicago guests knew each other. But they were all great, good conversation. We had a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Joanna Goodman said...

you're beautiful, dear sister :) I'm glad you could come up for that, I'm sure you'll always be happy you did :) Can't wait to see you this summer!